Monday, December 28, 2015

December Documented Album- Inside Pages

Happy holidays friends, I hope you are having a fabulous time celebrating this special time of year with family & friends? I know I am & have been taking tons of photos which I have added to my December Documented album! I realise many of you might have completed your albums already but I am hoping mine might still inspire those of you from the Southern Hemisphere who received their kits a little later than our Northern Hemisphere friends & those of you still looking for a few ideas to complete yours.
With things quietening down a little today I am finally be able to share some of my D.D spreads with you. Living in South Africa means we have Christmas in Summer which can be tricky to scrap when using gorgeous, winter inspired  products. I found by working with the kit palettes closely & making the photos black & white, I was able to successfully combine our beach & summer Christmas photos  with products from the December Documented kit & November 2015 kits.
December Documented album by Kim Watson
Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC01I began the first page with the story of Christmas. A deep meaningful explanation of why we believe what we believe. To fit more text into the space allowed without compromising the legibility, I set it up like a magazine article.Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC02
Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC03My next page is an enlarged photo of my fireplace & mantel. I attached the alphas on the outside of the pocket to make sure I could reposition easily if I found they were crooked (which they were LOL). My next page is an enlarged photo of my fireplace & mantel. I attached the alphas on the outside of the pocket to make sure I could reposition easily if I found they were crooked (which they were LOL)Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC04
Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC05This spread includes journal cards, a photo, some cute embellishments. Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC06
Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC07My 4th spread covers x2 subjects with photos. To separate them I included a journaling tag acting like a file divider. The inclusion of red stripes, visually ties both sides together.Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC12
Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC08
Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC09For this spread, I decided to scrap the left side as if it was a mini scrapbook page. Keeping the colors fairly neutral with pops of color from the Santa hats in the photos, ties the page with the mini page on the right side. Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC10
Kim Watson+Dec Documented+HKC11For more spreads please stop by my blog later this week or visit the Hip Kit Club Instagram account, I hope my pages have inspired you to work on your D.D. If you are still looking for a December Documented kit (with or without) album, stop by the Hip Kit Club online store & grab yourself one whilst you still can. Thanks for stopping by…have a super Monday!
Bye for now…:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!